Thursday, June 11, 2009

What I am eating.


OK, so I am almost at the 5 weeks mark and I really cannot bring myself to eat any more Japanese food. I know that many people, especially the Japanese will tell you that Japan is a foodie nation. But in my humble opinion, most of the food is bland with no real flavor, vaguely fishy and has a weird texture that makes it hard to eat. Yes the sushi is great! But now, 5 weeks later I find myself walking through some of the most beautiful food markets, not able to find anything I WANT to eat. So I am now down to eating breakfast here at the Bureau and then living off Choco-cro (see picture). Yes, each trip to Japan has its fascinations and this year it is Choco-cro. A croissant wrapped chocolate bar, baked and served warm. It really is great, especially when you cannot eat one more fishy, cold bowls of soba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment